Feb 4, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

After some time off to soul search and play around with Facebook I am relaunching the Gem State Avenger.  So here is how this works.  My point of view  will appear in blue.  Items made up for parody and affect will appear in red. Guest commentators will bare their souls in green. Stuff quoted verbatim will show up in black. 


Now a bit about me.  I was raised Catholic and spent my formative years in one of the church's indoctrination camps.  These days I consider myself more of deist.  I believe in God but do not subscribe to the notion that a book, institution, or historical figure has a monopoly on the supreme entity's will or teachings. The most christian guy I know is a local rabbi.  I'm generally liberal when it comes to most things but think that it is time to reconsider nuclear power and don't have a problem with people owning guns.  I love football, movies, music, history, dogs and computerized strategy games.  I follow politics rather closely but do so more out of obsession than enjoyment. 


One last thing.  I love to play with words, names and phrases.  I will use this post to keep a running tab.  
  • Tea Monkey/Ditto Monkey - AM talk show conservative.
  • Hate Radio - AM talk radio
  • Swear to Koresh - Instead of besmirching God why not go after someone who claimed to be God.
  • Sally's Boy Toy - My mother in-law's partner.
  • WDM PD Blue - My brother the police officer
  • Jerry the First - My dad
  • Crack Vision - High Definition Television
  • Bozo State (Donkeys) - Boise State University
  • The Snooze - Local television news
  • F on the Family - Focus on the Family
  • Fish Wrap - Newspaper 
  • Jesus Channel 7 - Boise's local NBC affiliate 
  • Faux News - Fox News
  • Red Curtain - Anyplace in Idaho other than the City of Boise or Blaine County.

   

No comments: